Re: [tip:x86/urgent] x86, efi: Delete efi_ioremap() and fixCONFIG_X86_32 oops

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Tue Mar 13 2012 - 01:39:02 EST

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM, Matt Fleming <matt.fleming@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tested my patch? Have you hit this bug or is it just from code
> inspection. I'm starting to feel a bit silly now because I can't see the
> problem you're describing.

from code inspection.

your new init_memory_mapping() will only map mem under max_low_pfn ?

and before that calling for x86_64, max_low_pfn is not updated to max_pfn yet.

+ max_pfn_mapped = init_memory_mapping();

#ifdef CONFIG_X86_64
if (max_pfn > max_low_pfn) {
- max_pfn_mapped = init_memory_mapping(1UL<<32,
- max_pfn<<PAGE_SHIFT);
/* can we preseve max_low_pfn ?*/
max_low_pfn = max_pfn;
}

Please do find one system with more than 4G to test the code.

Thanks

Yinghai