Re: Linux 3.0.24

From: Jonathan Nieder
Date: Thu Mar 15 2012 - 12:57:44 EST

Chris Frey wrote:

> Perhaps it would help if I phrased my question differently: What kind of
> bug makes you decide to write "must" instead of something else?

My impression is that Greg does not want to be in the business of
deciding which updates are security-critical. Others can make that
judgement based on the patches listed.

"All users must upgrade" would generally mean that it is prudent for
all users to upgrade, rather than some particular subset of them
(e.g., users who have been experiencing build failures).

Hope that helps,
Jonathan