Re: INFO: suspicious RCU usage. on 3.3.0-rc7-next-20120316

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 00:23:52 EST

On 03/19/2012 11:17 AM, Justin Mattock wrote:
Alright!! Will pull that branch as soon as i get to a stable connection
later today.. as for the patch i probably missed something with the fuzz
it was generating

Justin P. Mattock

On Mar 19, 2012 10:01 AM, "Tejun Heo" <tj@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tj@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:42:33AM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> >Known problem. The following pending patchset should fix the
problem.

> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1263989
> >
> >Jens?
> >
> >Thakns.
> >

> cool thanks for the info..
> I went and applied your patches(all 5) and there is fuzz, and some
> errors with linux-next.
> seems the suspicious message is still there, but the system boots up
> just fine with the patches in.
> maybe manually applying them by hand is what I need to do for -next
> so I dont miss anything important with the patch that takes care of
> the suspicious message.

Hmm... weird. I just double check and the patch series makes the
warning go away. Can you please try the following git branch instead?

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/misc.git
<http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/misc.git> blkcg-stats

Thanks.

--
tejun

alright! looks like on the main linux-next this warning is fixed(assuming your patches have been pushed in).
uname -r 3.3.0-next-20120322-00001-gba6003c

Thanks for the info and help with this!

Justin P. Mattock