Re: Not able to use HIGH_RES_TIMERS on ARM

From: Ajeet Yadav
Date: Sat Mar 24 2012 - 03:05:14 EST

I send earlier reply using my andriod gmail application, and it was
rejected by stable/ linux-kernel (not in plain text), so sending again
using PC.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:22:46AM +0530, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
>> CCing to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Why? ÂWhat am I supposed to do here?
>
> confused,
>
> greg k-h
I initially thought that problem is in 3.0.x stable, but I was wrong.
Solution patch suggested by Rabin is already there in stable.
" ARM: 7321/1: cache-v7: > Disable preemption when reading CCSIDR"
introduce hang on boot, that is resolved by commit

"ARM: 7325/1: fix v7 boot with lockdep enabled"
fortunately both are in 3.0.x so no problem,

but i do not know about other stable versions.