Re: [GIT PULL] KVM updates for the 3.4 merge window

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Mon Mar 26 2012 - 17:38:46 EST

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09:05PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:

> I can switch to fast-forward-only in the future, but I'm afraid that
> this particular tree is broken for good. The un-rebased
> fast-forward-only source for this is kvm.git master, which I don't think
> you want to pull. It will cause every kvm commit to appear twice and
> confuse everyone.

There are patches from me in there that have been pending since
December last year, and now look like they won't be going upstream
until June. So, under the circumstances, how would you (Avi) feel
about Ben and I committing the KVM patches that only affect powerpc to
Ben's tree and sending them to Linus that way before the merge window
closes?

Paul.