Re: Correct way to include siginfo.h?

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Tue Mar 27 2012 - 13:38:03 EST

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:29:39AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:

> I'm trying to get at the future seccomp fields on siginfo_t, namely
> "si_syscall":

Ah, I didn't realize you were trying to do that. siginfo_t has been
stable since forever, and so I think we've always depending on glibc
to export the structure. As a result I don't know that much effort
has been made to make siginfo.h safe for any userspace user other than
glibc.

Silly question; we're not going to actually change the size of the
siginfo_t structure in a userspace visible way, are we? I don't know
of are any shared libraries that fill in a siginfo_t structure passed
in by the caller (which could be located on the stack), but it's
certainly possible that such library ABI's could exist.

- Ted