Re: [ANNOUNCE] BFS CPU scheduler version 0.420 AKA "Smoking" forlinux kernel 3.3.0

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 08:50:08 EST

On 28/03/12 08:12, Heinz Diehl wrote:
On 25.03.2012, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:

I'va always wondered what people are using to measure interactivity. Do we have
some hard numbers from scheduler traces, or is it a "feels faster"?

I guess it's a "feels faster", because it's the only thing that
counts. Given that there is strong evidence that scheduler A is
"faster, more interactive", whatever... than scheduler B, but a
controlled trial shows a significantly better "feels faster"
experience using scheduler B, I'm quite shure that people would choose
scheduler B over A, and that's quite ok. It does what they expect it
to do, despite evidence which documents the opposite.

CFS: ALSA XRUNs in JACK.
BFS: much less ALSA XRUNs in JACK