Re: Board breakage due to upstream patch

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 07:04:40 EST

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:52:07AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:

> Your patch "regulator: Support driver probe deferral" (below) prevents my Snowball Development Board from booting.

> What's the correct thing to do?

Provide a report with a little more detail on the problem:

It's possible the patch I posted yesterday which fixes a deadlock in
error handling paths might help, though given that all we're doing is
changing the error code here I'd say regulator support on your your
board was broken anyway. Given the lack of any detail in your report
I'm just guessing completely in the dark here.