On patch "Remove all #inclusions of asm/system.h"

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 09:34:20 EST

Hi David,

commit 9ffc93f2 "Remove all #inclusions of asm/system.h" removes a lot of
includes while its parent commit 96f951ed "Add #includes needed to permit
the removal of asm/system.h" adds only a few. Some of the files modified
by commit 9ffc93f2 now only work due to indirect inclusion, don't they?

For example, drivers/firewire/{core-device,core-topology,ohci,sbp2}.c use
smp_rmb()Â and used to include asm/system.h. Now they do not include
asm/barrier.h. Is this by mistake or on purpose?

(I only noticed the commit come in; I did not get any build error yet.
The mentioned files now get asm/barrier.h via linux/spinlock.h and
certainly via other ways as well.)

--------
Â) so does drivers/firewire/net.c but it missed to include asm/system.h
--
Stefan Richter