Re: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Thu Apr 05 2012 - 02:43:09 EST

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 23:07 -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>
> > I submitted that, and it didn't fly. I like the generic exclusion
> > better, so I submit that for consideration.
> >

> [+akpm]
>
> The last time we went through this, it was left after Andrew had fixed it
> up when the cpusets version was merged in -mm without any disagreement
> from Peter who was cc'd and that version was acked both by myself and Paul
> Menage at https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/14/402. Andrew dropped it and
> asked for a repost since there was some on-going scheduler work going on
> in linux-next that caused that version not to apply. No follow-up was
> ever offered.

Hm, I thought I did that.

> Why have we now gone in a completely different direction again?

I already said that after Peter griped and suggested global, I thought
about it, and liked that better. The submitted patchlet can either fly
or die. It's not a big deal.

If I need a reason to like global better, posix like: the user shall not
fool around with my "mom" vs a wishy washy comedy variant of same ;-)

-Mike