Re: i915_driver_irq_handler: irq 42: nobody cared [generic IRQhandling broken?]

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Tue Apr 10 2012 - 04:50:15 EST

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 23:31, Jiri Slaby <jslaby@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That was introduced in 05eff845a28499762075d3a72e238a31f4d2407c to close
>> a race where the pipestat triggered an interrupt after we processed the
>> secondary registers and before reseting the primary.
>>
>> But the basic premise that we should only enter the interrupt handler
>> with IIR!=0 holds (presuming non-shared interrupt lines such as MSI).
>
> Ok, this behavior is definitely new. I get several "nobody cared" about
> this interrupt a week. This never used to happen. And something weird
> emerges in /proc/interrupts when this happens:
> Â42:  Â1003292  Â1212890  PCI-MSI-edge   Âïsïïïï:0000:00:02.0
> instead of
> Â42:  Â1006715  Â1218472  PCI-MSI-edge   Âi915@pci:0000:00:02.0

This looks ugly. Can you try to reproduce on 3.4-rc2? That should
contain everything that -next currently contains drm/i915-wise. If it
still happens there, please bisect it.

Also please check whether any of the subordinate interrupt regs
(pipestat) is stuck and might cause these interrupts as Jesse
suggested.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter