Re: [Lsf] [RFC] writeback and cgroup

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 07:53:58 EST

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 11:49 -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > - How to handle NFS.
>
> As said above, maybe through network based bdi pressure propagation,
> Maybe some other special case mechanism. Unsure but I don't think
> this concern should dictate the whole design.

NFS has a custom bdi implementation and implements congestion control
based on the number of outstanding writeback pages.

See fs/nfs/write.c:nfs_{set,end}_page_writeback

All !block based filesystems have their own BDI implementation, I'm not
sure on the congestion implementation of anything other than NFS though.