Re: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review

From: Felipe Contreras
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 11:52:11 EST

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Stefan Richter
<stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 14 Felipe Contreras wrote:

>> Of course, although the difference with the stable kernel would be
>> very small if the only thing added is an extra rule for acceptance:
>> "It reverts an earlier patch to 'stable'."
>
> It looks like a small difference on the surface, but it isn't. ÂIt would
> mean "yes, we /do/ forward ports in -stable too in some cases".

How? There's a lot reverts in mainline, where do they come from? Are
they forward ports from some ghost trees?

If you drop a patch from the stable review queue before it gets into a
stable release, and then that patch is reverted from mainline, is that
also a "forward port"?

--
Felipe Contreras