Re: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1 sticks-and-crashs)

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 15:59:39 EST

On 04/14/2012 03:38 PM, werner wrote:
Perhaps someone could check this

Ocasionally it still happens that the computer slows down very, during
appr. 1 minute (but it dont crash, nor is nothing visible in syslog).

I think this wasn't before approx. the 3.2 kernel, at least I didn't
perceive it, but this happens at 3.3 and 3.4-rc2-inclusive all patchs.

Below, ps alx and top i printed in a file at an ocasion as this happened
I observed that then always kmemleak is almost at the beginning of top

I have a feeling you might enjoy things like the sysprof
tool, which can show you not only which process is using
CPU time, but also where it is spent.

--
All rights reversed