Re: [RFC] IT87xx GPIO and other drivers

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Tue Apr 17 2012 - 15:31:48 EST

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
<flameeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does that mean that when the user enables the MFD, they get gpio,
> pinctrl and watchdog at once, or should it still have multiple Kconfig
> entries which select it?

No I just meant that the driver file in drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-it87.c should
implement pinctrl, gpiolib (struct gpio_chip) and any GPIO
IRQs (struct irq_chip) in that one and the same file.

The MFD device will spawn cells/children as usual for HWMON and
other stuff, but the cell named "pinctrl-it87" (or however you
name it) should take care of all the pinctrl and GPIO stuff.

Yours,
Linus Walleij