Re: Bug reports on the psb-gfx driver

From: Kristoffer Eriksson
Date: Thu Apr 26 2012 - 15:22:23 EST

Alan Cox skrev 2012-04-18 23:21:
That frequency seems about the same as the one I'm experiences. All though
some times it's more often, but I can't say I've done anything special at
the same time.

3.3.2-1-ARCH
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz

What X display server are you using (fbdev or other ?). Also I see a few
writes to the brightness in the log - did you fiddle with the brightness
by hand at all ?
Alan,

Without looking at the code I can say that those brightness commands are not related to this
issue since Ive been having them since the first working kernel version.
Havent had time to look at the code but Ive understod them to happen simply when you
press a key to return from backlight suspend. Something like the default brightness setting that gets invoked
after return from suspend.

Håvar see
[ 7659.177126] gma500 0000:00:02.0: Backlight lvds set brightness 186a186a

while I see
[....] gma500 0000:00:02.0: Backlight lvds set brightness 7a127a12

Either way I suspect the only way to find this is to verify a
configuration it occurs on, go back a kernel, verify it doesn't happen
there and then build a kernel to the point in the git tree before the
gma500 patches were changed (to check its not caused by something else
such as an ACPI change), then try and find which one caused it.
Will do further fresh builds to see if I can reproduce the blanking issue and also
test out the patch.

That will be tedious but unfortunately I've got no documentation or other
good ways to chase this down.

Alan