Re: Oops with DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS and ocfs2, autofs4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 17:02:17 EST

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Jana Saout <jana@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Instead, now I got an oops on __d_lookup (fs/dcache.c line 155) (kernel
> log excerpt below):

Heh, forgot about that one.

Trivial enough to fix. And I'll just make both of them use the
unaligned load helper function, even if technically I think only the
'ct 'access needs it.

This is just the incremental diff. The "real meat" of the change is
just making it use the helper function instead of the "direct
dereference through a unsigned long pointer cast", but the patch is
bigger than that because I decided to split the whole function up so
that we could do the nicer #include. setup. And because I shouldn't
have done it with an #ifdef inside a function to begin with.

Anyway, the fact that you can trigger these things so quickly
certainly is a good sign that your setup is good at finding it. It
could have been worse. Hopefully I now actually caught all users.

Linus