[PATCH v3 5/7] x86/tlb: remove comments for tlb_flush_range implement suggestion
From: Alex Shi
Date: Tue May 08 2012 - 10:05:35 EST
Thanks to this comments that inspired me using invlpg to replace cr3
Now, it is time to remove from code to avoid reader confusing.
Signed-off-by: Alex Shi <alex.shi@xxxxxxxxx>
arch/x86/include/asm/tlbflush.h | 4 ----
1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/x86/include/asm/tlbflush.h b/arch/x86/include/asm/tlbflush.h
index ec30dfb..51f8b1c 100644
@@ -81,10 +81,6 @@ static inline void __flush_tlb_one(unsigned long addr)
* ..but the i386 has somewhat limited tlb flushing capabilities,
* and page-granular flushes are available only on i486 and up.
- * x86-64 can only flush individual pages or full VMs. For a range flush
- * we always do the full VM. Might be worth trying if for a small
- * range a few INVLPGs in a row are a win.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/