Re: [EDAC ABI v13 04/25] events/hw_event: Create a Hardware EventsReport Mecanism (HERM)

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu May 10 2012 - 09:41:50 EST

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:16:31AM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Nah, this is not marketing speak. HERM is not a trademark. amd64_edac,
> on the other hand, is using a trademark on his name. If we use your
> logic, this would need to be renamed to something else, to avoid using
> a "marketing speak".

I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer because it is a bunch
of bullshit and you know it.

> We need some name to differentiate between the broken EDAC core where
> modern memory controllers are not properly represented and reports
> errors on fake csrows/channels from the EDAC+HERM core that will
> properly provide the error information to where it really belongs.

A kernel version or a commit id is not enough here I guess.

> In other words, HERM is just an acronym[1] to the version to point to
> where EDAC starts to work fine with modern memory controllers.

Seems to me you're desperately trying to prove your point for having
this HERM thing by coming up with a bunch of bogus arguments.

And I'm still waiting for a real, technical reason which legitimizes
calling a tracepoint something special.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
GM: Alberto Bozzo
Reg: Dornach, Landkreis Muenchen
HRB Nr. 43632 WEEE Registernr: 129 19551