Re: 3.3.5 regression: resume doesn't switch to X

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 15:57:39 EST

On 05/12/2012 05:43 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 09:17:28AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> <side note, it's stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, not stable@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ah, fixed. Why it didn't bounce? Is it silently dropped?

>> since update to 3.3.5, my X doesn't show up after resume from
>> hibernation anymore. The only thing I see is "resuming..." on the
>> console. I can switch to any tty and login in text mode, but cannot
>> switch to X despite it is running. I have to restart whole session to
>> have X again.
>>
>> Now I'm back to 3.3.4 and everything is OK.
>
> Care to run 'git bisect' to find the offending patch?

Hmm, I cannot reproduce. I booted 3.3.5 twice and X did not show up
after resume. Then I booted 3.3.4 and it worked. Now 3.3.5 works too...
So maybe this is uptime related or I hit some race twice in a row?

Anyway now I'm running 3.3.5 and the problem have not recurred yet...

thanks,
--
js
suse labs