Re: [PATCH 00/17] Swap-over-NBD without deadlocking V10

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 07:11:23 EST

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:29:32PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2012 17:23:39 -0400 (EDT)
> David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > From: Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxx>
> > Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:45:40 +0100
> >
> > > From my point of view, the ideal would be that all the patches go
> > > through akpm's tree or yours but that probably will cause merge
> > > difficulties.
> > >
> > > Any recommendations?
> >
> > I know there will be networking side conflicts very soon, it's not a
> > matter of 'if' but 'when'.
> >
> > But the trick is that I bet the 'mm' and 'slab' folks are in a similar
> > situation.
> >
> > In any event I'm more than happy to take it all in my tree.
> I guess either is OK. The main thing is to get it all reviewed and
> tested, after all.
> I can take all the patches once it's all lined up and everyone is
> happy. If the net bits later take significant damage then I can squirt them
> at you once the core MM bits are merged. That would give you a few
> days to check them over and get them into Linus. If that's a problem,
> we can hold the net bits over for a cycle.
> That's all assuming that the core MM parts are mergeable without the
> net parts being merged. I trust that's the case!

I expect it to be the case as the series is (or at least should be)
bisect safe. If there is a conflict of some sort, just cut off at that
point and it should be fine until it gets fixed up.

Mel Gorman
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at