Re: determining if a block erasure failed

From: Joel Reardon
Date: Tue May 15 2012 - 07:56:31 EST

Ah yes, if wl_wrk is freed in schedule_erase, theres no way to pass it
back that way.

The reason is that, if erasing a block of keys fails, then those keys may
remain on the flash device for eternity. While a rare occurance, it may be
nice to have ubifs perform GC on all main LEBs storing the data nodes that
can no longer be deleted through key erasure / reencrypt the valid data
nodes.

Cheers,
Joel Reardon