Re: NVM Mapping API

From: Vyacheslav Dubeyko
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 02:24:14 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 09:34 -0400, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> There are a number of interesting non-volatile memory (NVM) technologies
> being developed. Some of them promise DRAM-comparable latencies and
> bandwidths. At Intel, we've been thinking about various ways to present
> those to software.

Could you please share vision of these NVM technologies in more details?
What capacity in bytes of of one NVM unit do we can expect? What about
bad blocks and any other reliability issues of such NVM technologies?

I think that some more deep understanding of this can give possibility
to imagine more deeply possible niche of such NVM units in future memory
subsystem architecture.

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.