Re: NVM Mapping API

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 12:09:21 EST

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:24:13AM +0400, Vyacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 09:34 -0400, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > There are a number of interesting non-volatile memory (NVM) technologies
> > being developed. Some of them promise DRAM-comparable latencies and
> > bandwidths. At Intel, we've been thinking about various ways to present
> > those to software.
>
> Could you please share vision of these NVM technologies in more details?
> What capacity in bytes of of one NVM unit do we can expect? What about
> bad blocks and any other reliability issues of such NVM technologies?

No, I can't comment on any of that. This isn't about any particular piece
of technology; it's an observation that there are a lot of technologies
that seem to fit in this niche; some of them are even available to
buy today.

No statement of mine should be taken as an indication of any future
Intel product plans :-)