Re: pull request: bluetooth-next 2012-05-16

From: John W. Linville
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 14:18:15 EST

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:53:40PM -0300, Gustavo Padovan wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> A big pull request for inclusion in 3.5. In this set there is some changes
> regarding periodic scan and LE, endian fixes, L2CAP ERTM improvements. There
> is also fixes, clean ups and small improvements all over the tree.
> I also included the patches rejected in the bluetooth pull request.
>
> I checked the whole diff of this pull request for offending coding style
> changes and couldn't spot anything wrong.
>
> I merged wireless/master into this.
>
> Please pull, or let me know of any problems!
>
> Gustavo
>
> ---
>
> The following changes since commit 341352d13dae752610342923c53ebe461624ee2c:
>
> iwlwifi: fix-up some merge damage from commit 0d6c4a2 (2012-05-08 22:18:09 -0400)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth-next for-upstream
>
> for you to fetch changes up to cde5b476786450fb058a23502372d63c3e8629d0:
>
> Bluetooth: Report proper error number in disconnection (2012-05-16 18:44:35 +0300)

> Amitkumar Karwar (2):
> Bluetooth: btmrvl: configure default host sleep parameters
> Bluetooth: btmrvl: add support for SDIO suspend/resume callbacks
>
> Andre Guedes (21):
> Bluetooth: Check FINDING state in interleaved discovery
> Bluetooth: Add hci_cancel_le_scan() to hci_core
> Bluetooth: LE support for MGMT stop discovery
> Bluetooth: Replace EPERM by EALREADY in hci_cancel_inquiry
> Bluetooth: Refactor stop_discovery
> Bluetooth: Add Periodic Inquiry command complete handler
> Bluetooth: Add HCI_PERIODIC_INQ to dev_flags
> Bluetooth: Check HCI_PERIODIC_INQ in start_discovery
> Bluetooth: Ignore inquiry results from periodic inquiry
> Bluetooth: Add Periodic Inquiry command complete handler
> Bluetooth: Add HCI_PERIODIC_INQ to dev_flags
> Bluetooth: Remove MGMT_ADDR_INVALID macro
> Bluetooth: Remove useless code in hci_connect
> Bluetooth: Move address type macros to bluetooth.h
> Bluetooth: Rename link_to_mgmt to link_to_bdaddr
> Bluetooth: Add address type to struct sockaddr_l2
> Bluetooth: Rename mgmt_to_le to bdaddr_to_le
> Bluetooth: Move bdaddr_to_le to hci_core
> Bluetooth: Add dst_type parameter to hci_connect
> Bluetooth: Use address type info from user-space
> Bluetooth: Remove advertising cache
>
> Andrei Emeltchenko (24):
> Bluetooth: trivial: Correct endian conversion
> Bluetooth: Correct type for hdev lmp_subver
> Bluetooth: Correct type for ediv to __le16
> Bluetooth: Fix extra conversion to __le32
> Bluetooth: Correct chan->psm endian conversions
> Bluetooth: Correct ediv in SMP
> Bluetooth: Correct length calc in L2CAP conf rsp
> Bluetooth: Correct CID endian notation
> Bluetooth: Convert error codes to le16
> Bluetooth: trivial: Fix endian conversion mode
> Bluetooth: trivial: Correct types
> Bluetooth: Fix type in cpu_to_le conversion
> Bluetooth: Fix opcode access in hci_complete
> Bluetooth: trivial: Remove sparse warnings
> Bluetooth: Silence sparse warning
> [...]

????

What did you do here? I thought that maybe you had pulled from the
wireless tree, but the commit ID is different.

I know that you want this to get merged in time for the window --
but it has to be done right. Occasionally there might be a reason
for the same patch to end-up in two places, but in this case you have
an rtlwifi patch being replicated in the Bluetooth tree...

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx might be all we have. Be ready.