Re: [GIT] Sparc

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 14:06:55 EST

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is going to be a merge conflict between the commit in the
> net-next tree that adds the Sparc BPF JIT, and the one in here which
> adds arch/sparc/Kbuild.  It should be quite easy to resolve.

Ok, so that had a very obvious resolution, and a "cleaner, but scarier" version.

I picked the cleaner but scarier one - the one that should make the
BFP JIT be built when you do "make arch/sparc" by putting the net
thing into the new arch/sparc/Kbuild file.

I did minimal testing with "make ARCH=sparc" without actually
*building* anything, and in the process also fixed the fact that you
should not select HAVE_BPF_JIT unless networking is enabled (crappy
interface - maybe that "if NET" part really should be in the
HAVE_BPF_JIT rules, not in all the architectures?)

But I do not have (nor do I really want) a sparc cross-compile
environment, so maybe my "cleaner" resolution is just garbage. Can you
please check the end result?

So if I broke something, please call me names and tell me to not try
to think too much, and worry my little brain with things I don't
understand.

The thing is pushed out, so you can see what I did.

Linus