Re: [RFC 0/5] perf tools: Minimalistic build without libelf dependency

From: Namhyung Kim
Date: Mon May 21 2012 - 20:22:47 EST

Hi, David

On Mon, 21 May 2012 09:03:19 -0600, David Ahern wrote:
> One idea that has been proposed is to make perf configurable - to pick
> and choose which pieces you want built-in. For example for target
> systems only compile in record command. It seems like that part should
> be done first and would potentially handle a lot of these changes.

Yeah, I remember Arnaldo said about the menuconfig-like configuration
interface. But I'd like to finish this minimal build patchset first
since the configuration change can require much work on where I'm not
familiar with and I doubt the users care about it much.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.
Namhyung