Re: [tip:perf/core] Revert "sched, perf: Use a single callbackinto the scheduler"

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 12:33:54 EST

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 09:09 -0700, tip-bot for Jiri Olsa wrote:
> > I rather liked we could do away with both that black-spot and
> > clean up the code a little, but apparently people rely on it.

Ingo noted that inherited counters already are active over the context
switch (due to the lazy switch optimization) and thus profile the
context switch cost.

Regular per-task counters not including this are therefore not
consistent.

So it would be good to find a way to fix the tracing fallout
differently. A well..