Re: Watchdog settimeout causes an error condition

From: Wim Van Sebroeck
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 12:56:07 EST

Hi Ashish,

> The new watchdog framework of settimeout causes an error condition for
> the DA9052/53 PMIC since watchdog ping gets called upon applying the new
> watchdog window and in the DA9052/53 PMIC we have a minimum time for the
> watchdog window called TWDMIN. A write to the watchdog before this
> elapsed time - TWDMIN - cause an error.
>
> Can this be get fixed in the new framework?

Imho this should not be fixed in the framework but in your driver.
Even if we would change the framework, it will always be possible that
userspace will do a set-timeout and ping directly after each other.

What I would do is make sure that your driver makes sure that you can't write
before this TWDMIN window has passed.

Kind regards,
Wim.