Re: [git patches] libata updates for 3.5

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 18:28:26 EST

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hmmm, can you try again?  The output of
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git;a=summary
>
> and
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git;a=tag;h=4560c1c455fb87ba3013967d6ed5d0b1d18cc109
>
> looks correct, so I think there was a mirroring delay.

No. Look closers.

You've created a tag called "tag/upstream-linus", and that's the one
you asked me to pull.

But looking at gitweb, there is *also* a tag called just
"upstream-linus", and that's the one you probably *meant* me to pull.

If you had asked me to pull "tags/upstream-linus" (note: "tags/" vs
"tag/"), that would have indicated that it's in the "tags" namespace
and I would have gotten the one you meant.

I'd suggest you delete the old confused "tag/upstream-linus" tag (aka
"tags/tag/upstream-linus").

Linus