Re: ACPI and NUMA guys, please help to check if this patch is OK

From: David Rientjes
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 00:45:38 EST

On Thu, 24 May 2012, ethan zhao wrote:

> David,
> What we can do to help improving Linux OS is only about fatal
> error ? Can I do something to give more clear warning information and
> easy to find the root cause ?

The warning you already quoted in your changelog is sufficient warning
that the SLIT is bad and it suppresses setting that distance. Your
change, however, completely invalidates the SRAT if the number of
localities does not match the number of pxms. We'd much rather simply
suppress the bad distance rather than invalidate the SRAT, especially
considering there is nothing in the ACPI spec that requires it.