Re: Crypto Update for 3.5

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 03:03:51 EST

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's a declaration for dbx500_add_platform_device_noirq() that does
> not exist and is not used anywhere. Why? It was added in commit
> 585d188f8072, and I see no rhyme or reason to it.
>
> I only noticed because I happened to get a conflict due to the
> location it was added. I removed it. WTF is going on?

AFAICT this was retrofitted to get a booting kernel on
the cryptodev base which was based on something old like
v3.2 just some weeks back. (Now it's upgraded to mainline, great!)

Greg was pushing for us to allocate all devices dynamically at
one point, but there was no real infrastructure for it and some local
implementations to meet that requirement, that's why these
functions pop up and down. We're working on it with device tree
etc, mea culpa...

Yours,
Linus Walleij