Re: Compile error: drivers/video/backlight/lcd.c:35:7: error: âFB_EARLY_EVENT_BLANKâ undeclared (first use in this function)

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 08:42:29 EST

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 01:29:41PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2012 19:13:29 +0800
> wfg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > tree: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git akpm
> > head: 900cd0fca590e51f720f44f63082b7934d0ff42d
> > commit: 07e86d6ba94cc94da2463521ef3def43ed55607d (180/308)
> > config: i386-randconfig-mm1
> >
> > drivers/video/backlight/lcd.c:35:7: error: âFB_EARLY_EVENT_BLANKâ undeclared (first use in this function)
> > drivers/video/backlight/lcd.c:35:7: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> > drivers/video/backlight/lcd.c:36:7: error: âFB_R_EARLY_EVENT_BLANKâ undeclared (first use in this function)
> >
> > Andrew, this should be fixable by moving the immediately following
> > patch "fbdev: add events for early fb event support" before this one.
>
> Whoa. What are you actually doing over there? A build test for each and every
> patch in linux-next? Impressed!

Yup. I've been running 32 CPU cores all day&night, which build tests
~1300 commits and creates ~25000 kernel images each day.

To be exact, I'm build testing the akpm-base..akpm part of linux-next.
For the other parts of linux-next, I'm directly build testing the
trees/branches that linux-next pulls from, so as to find problems and
give feedback to the developers *ASAP*. The ultimate goal is to build
test each and every commit once they hit any topic/test branch,
hopefully before they are merged into some for-next branches.

The build test system is still catching up to test lots of old commits
and build up database of "known" build errors and warnings. Once
ready, I'll switch it into auto email notification mode. So in future,
when someone "git push" new patches, he will likely receive emails about
new build errors/warnings (if there are any) in one hour.

Thanks,
Fengguang