USB device PM oddity in 3.5

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 16:37:04 EST

I'm testing Linus' tree as the merge window happens, and I've hit an
issue with what I believe is USB device power management (or something)
that is causing my mouse and keyboard to become unresponsive. After a
very short time of non-use, either device will cut out. I can move the
mouse around but it doesn't relay to the screen and I noticed this is
because the laser is turned off. If I click a button on it, it will
turn back on and function again until a small period of non-use. The
keyboard exhibits similar behavior, "ignoring" the first few key strokes
until it wakes back up.

I found this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/64292
and
http://marc.info/?t=133552726500001&r=1&w=2

which have similar symptoms, but the kernels I'm using have the
subsequent patches applied. I'm doing a git bisect at the moment, with
72c04af as the starting good commit and 61011677 as the first bad. I'll
let you know what comes of this, but I thought I'd mail about it now in
case anyone has any ideas.

josh