Re: Regression Mounting /proc w/ kernel 3.4.0 - "uid" parameter nolonger ignored.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri May 25 2012 - 20:30:51 EST

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM, <kd6lvw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I personally don't care if the option is restored or not.  My issue was that this side effect was not documented in any way in the change that occurred -- which affected documented behavior.

Umm. The side effect wasn't documented, because nobody even *thought* of it.

If people had thought of it, it wouldn't have happened. So harping
about documentation is kind of pointless.

The real question is whether there might be some other option
(documented or not) that people might have used and just accidentally
relied on the fact that /proc never even bothered to look at them.

Linus