Re: nfsd changes for 3.5

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Thu May 31 2012 - 20:56:48 EST

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 03:14:57PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 01:17:26PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >
> > Uh, that means ditching some work in my public git tree. ÂWhich I
> > haven't rebased in years. ÂSo, a stupid process question; would you
> > rather I:
> >
> > Â Â Â Â- continue to be strict about rebasing and apply a bunch of
> > Â Â Â Â Âreverts?
> > Â Â Â Â- ditch it and start over?
>
> I think in this case rebasing is the right thing to do.
>
> I hate rebasing, but what I hate about it is how people who use it as
> a development model cause problems for anybody else. I don't think it
> will cause problems in this particular case, but if somebody hollers,
> let me know.

OK, will do.

For now, would you mind pulling this?:

git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git for-3.5-take-2

It's literally just the previous tree cut off before the delegation
stuff--so it's been in -next for a month, etc.

--b.

Jeff Layton (3):
nfsd: trivial: remove unused variable from nfsd4_lock
nfsd: don't use locks_in_grace to determine whether to call nfs4_grace_end
nfsd: trivial: use SEEK_SET instead of 0 in vfs_llseek

Simo Sorce (2):
svcauth: remove unused define
SUNRPC: split upcall function to extract reusable parts

Stanislav Kinsbursky (18):
nfsd: use passed cache_detail pointer expkey_parse()
nfsd: add link to owner cache detail to svc_export structure
nfsd: use cache detail pointer from svc_export structure on cache put
nfsd: use exp_put() for svc_export_cache put
nfsd: pass svc_export_cache pointer as private data to "exports" seq file ops
nfsd: use hash table from cache detail in nfsd export seq ops
nfsd: pass pointer to expkey cache down to stack wherever possible.
NFSd: remove hard-coded dereferences to name-to-id and id-to-name caches
Lockd: pass network namespace to creation and destruction routines
nfsd: pass network context to export caches init/shutdown routines
nfsd: pass pointer to export cache down to stack wherever possible.
nfsd: make export cache allocated per network namespace context
nfsd: make expkey cache allocated per network namespace context
nfsd: allocate export and expkey caches in per-net operations.
nfsd: pass network context to idmap init/exit functions
nfsd: make id-to-name cache allocated per network namespace context
nfsd: make name-to-id cache allocated per network namespace context
nfsd: allocate id-to-name and name-to-id caches in per-net operations.

fs/lockd/clntlock.c | 13 +--
fs/lockd/svc.c | 7 +-
fs/nfsd/export.c | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
fs/nfsd/idmap.h | 8 +-