Re: f71805f arch dependencies?

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Fri Jun 01 2012 - 09:12:43 EST

> > hardware access. Should this driver be restricted to PC, or some wider
> > subset of platforms where this LPC SUper-IO chip is present?
>
> Which tree is f71805f in? Not in Linus'.

Running upstream 3.4.0-09547-gfb21aff and it is there as
SENSORS_F71805F.

In fact, there are more LPC hwmon drivers that people can use to "shoot
themselves in the leg" - SMSC LPC*, SMSC SCH*, SMSC DME1737 (partly I2C,
partly ISA IO), and Fintek F71882FG and compatibles. Maybe more.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)