Re: [GIT PULL] ACPI & Power Management Patches for Linux-3.5-merge

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jun 02 2012 - 19:51:48 EST

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ps. Sorry for sending this request at the tails of the merge window --
> I'll try to be earlier next time.

Christ, not only is it after I really wanted to do -rc1 (held up by
the tty locking problems), but it doesn't even compile.

Find the bug (the compiler certainly did):

static inline int acpi_pm_device_sleep_state(struct device *d, int *p, int m)
{
if (p)
*p = ACPI_STATE_D0;
return (m >= ACPI_STATE_D0 && <= ACPI_STATE_D3) ? m : ACPI_STATE_D0;
}

and no, it wasn't a merge error. That's what it looks like in your tree.

The commit was done yesterday. It clearly had *zero* testing.

Looking more at the pull as a result of this, I notice that almost
every commit in that tree is from yesterday, and thus cleary cannot
have been in -next. I was going to just fix up the obvious one-liner
fixup, but looking at the bigger picture I'm going to say "3.6
material" for this whole thing.

Linus