Re: Fedora 17 custom kernels

From: Chris Jones
Date: Mon Jun 04 2012 - 17:26:01 EST

On 06/04/2012 10:42 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Chris Jones<chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does Fedora 17 boot with custom kernels built on F17? Or is it only having
issues with custom kernels built on other Linux systems?
You should probably email the Fedora kernel list with this question.
F17 will, in general, boot with custom kernels with the usual degree of
needing to have a proper config. Starting with the F17 config file
found in /boot is usually a good idea.

josh

Thanks Josh. I only ask because I'm gonna install a fresh system for my kernel dabbling, but didn't want to install F17 if there were known issues.

Thanks

Chris

--
Support Wikileaks and Julian Assange! http://wikileaks.org
User of OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC) | Android (Smartphone) | Windows x86