Re: Why minor is still 8 bit?

From: George Shuklin
Date: Tue Jun 05 2012 - 07:13:44 EST

On 05.06.2012 13:49, Paul Bolle wrote:
On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 13:36 +0400, George Shuklin wrote:
This is a limitaiton of LMV itself. I'm talking about making those LV
active (visible in system). When you trying to activate too much LV, you
will get 'device io ctl failed' message.
What is the exact text of that message? Where is it found (stderr,
dmesg, ...)? Do you know what prints it (kernel, user space)? Do you run
into this issue when trying to activate the 256th LV, or later, or
earlier?

Paul Bolle

Ooops, I was deeply wrong. Sorry, the problem was related to LVM behavior in 2.6.32-12-xs (XenServer kernel).