Re: Powerpc continued support?

From: Chris Jones
Date: Tue Jun 05 2012 - 09:40:01 EST

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Chris Jones<chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am just thinking about Powerpc support in the kernel. Are there any plans
to remove its support? And if so, how much space would be saved by its
removal or at least disablement of Powerpc specific modules?
No plans to remove it at all. It's one of the more active architecture
ports Linux has. Why on earth would it be removed?
Sure, fair enough. I had no idea it was still so popular. But I can understand that if there's continued use, then there would be obvious reasons for continued support of the arch.

Is it worth looking into this for a custom kernel?
Sure... whatever floats your boat I guess.

Something I might look into for custom kernel I suppose.

Regards

Chris Jones