Re: git bisect and perf

From: David Ahern
Date: Tue Jun 05 2012 - 19:48:43 EST

Thanks for the explanation and patience.

On 6/5/12 11:35 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
Now not all events the Intel PMU can do are PEBS capable; in fact most
aren't. So the whole cycles thing is about mapping the regular cycles
event to something that is PEBS capable.

I think I get it now. 7639dae0 is the commit I needed. With it 2.6.35.14 can do cycles:pp profiling.

In general only the events listed in intel_XXXXX_pebs_events can be used with :p.

David