Re: [uml-devel] um: TTY fixes (?)

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 09:41:38 EST

On 06/07/2012 01:52 PM, Alan Cox wrote:

>> No, it works fine.
>
> Not really. You happen to be lucky. Anyway with no tty port the UML code
> will soon cease to function completely so a solution of some sort is
> needed.

This is what I understood. That mainline code moved so far that the current
UML driver was too far behind to properly function and *completely* broke.

If only breakage with new UM-TTY code is old util-linux. And we have a
ready made patch for it.

Would you please reconsider, and point the util-linux users to the fixing
patch.

Because as it stands:

Current code:
util-linux - works
FC12-17 - Broken (Patch *not* available)
Debain based - works

New code:
util-linux - Broken, patch available
FC12-15 - Works (with issues)
Debain based - works

So it is not like I'm sacrificing util-linux People
completely, but I am totally sacrificing FC People by
not committing.

Please reconsider, unless you have a patch for me for FC systems
that I can apply so I can use the old code.

Thanks again for everything, so far
Boaz