Re: tg3: transmit timed out, resetting

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 18:21:39 EST

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 at 05:52, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 at 17:47, Ethan Zhao wrote:
> > Could you try 3.5RC1+ with pcie_aspm=off kernel parameter ?

Hm, this didn't help.

> > I notice there are some AER errors ( UnsupReq+,RxErr+) with the tg3
> > from you lspci output

Isn't lspci just listing ASPM _capabilities_ there? Booting with
pcie_aspm=off showed almost the same output:

http://nerdbynature.de/bits/3.4.0/tg3/lspci_aspm.diff.txt

So, the workaround for me is to disable "scatter-gather":

ethtool -K p2p1 sg off

With that, no more errors show up and the interface keeps working.

Christian.

--
BOFH excuse #396:

Mail server hit by UniSpammer.