Re: perf user tool precise attribute broken in 3.5rc1+

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 23:10:52 EST

> Are you sure the old one works? Perhaps it silently falls back to
> cpu-clock?

Yes i'm sure. I was actually debugging some kernel pebs code,
and had a heavily instrumented pebs code path and was first trying
to figure out what went wrong in the kernel, until I realized
that the userland was broken.

Does :p work for anyone else?

BTW I hope the perf userland becomes more stable again. Recently I've had
far more trouble with the user binary than the kernel driver, which
is unusal.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.