Re: Deadlock, L2TP over IP are not working, 3.4.1

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko
Date: Fri Jun 08 2012 - 11:56:14 EST

On 2012-06-08 18:41, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 07:47:18AM +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
I have no idea how many l2tp_eth devices are setup at once in typical
conf.

Depends on the usage scenario. L2TP is commonly used for terminating
customer connections by wholesale ISPs. In that kind of edge routing
use-case, tens of thousands of interfaces are easily possible.

-ben
In my case it is few hundreds. I am not sure it is typical case, but i really will like if this setup
will give me good performance. Since Linux usually used on the PC's, i don't think they will scale more
than 2-3 Gbps. Also L2TP pseudowire (l2tp_eth) usually done not directly to end-users, but to LAC's, so i think
it is up to thousand.

Right now i am routing around 700Mbps over there, and noticed some problem with pskb_expand_head,
but that's separate question i will ask, if i will not be able to sort it out by myself.

---
Denys Fedoryshchenko, Network Engineer, Virtual ISP S.A.L.