Re: dmatest to use synopsys dma driver (dw_dmac.c)

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 10:22:11 EST

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 17:06 +0530, satendra.pratap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> 1. dmatest with ported dw_dmac.c (from linux-3.4 to linux-3.2.2):
>
> >>dmatest started automatically and tries test with all registered 8
> >>channels of our dma engine but we get crashes with every channel as
> shown
> >>below:
>
> These crashes are solved but I get same " test timed out" for this ported
> driver too
> as I was getting with original one. After debugging, it seems that after
> dma transfer is complete no interrupt is
> generated.......I have verified irq number etc , handler registered
> properly but I don get any interrupts..
> I am looking into the code to see whether there is any polling mechanism
> is used in the driver ?

I have few patches to fix this driver for our hardware.
The dw_dmac has few issues, one of them is impossibility to configure
some important parts of the IP-block like block_ts or tr_width.

So, I could send patchset which probably helps you a bit.

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy