PROBLEM: New 3.5.0-rcx kernel hang after uncompressing the kernelimage on Orion ARM machine linkstation pro

From: cloudy.linux
Date: Mon Jun 18 2012 - 07:30:16 EST

I'm running vanilla kernel since 2.6.31 kernel on my linkstaiton pro V2 box. And they worked very well up to 3.4.x series. But that ends at 3.5-RCx. Both RC2 and RC3 ends the same, the system never boot. The serial console shows that the kernel hangs after "Uncompressing Linux ... done, booting the kernel" message. I tried to enable some debug option in kernel config (CONFIG_BUG, CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK, CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE and CONFIG_DEFAULT_MESSAGE_LOGLEVEL to 7) , but still got no further information after the above message. The RC might be just too early for a normal user like me (in fact I first tried linux-git), but I really want to make it boot then I can test the new TDMA/IDMA patch for mv_cesa on this orion machine since it seems that there isn't too much caring about this SOC anymore.
And I do made a single modification to the source, that's editing the mach-type of the linkstation pro to 526 locally so to avoid modifying the uImage file generated by the make process. And this always works.
Could someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Cloudy