Q: return of pinctrl_register and handing at drivers that use this function

From: devendra.aaru
Date: Mon Jun 18 2012 - 07:47:16 EST

Hi,

since the pinctrl_register returns a pointer of structure type "struct
pinctrl_dev" or NULL if it was failed to register the pinctrl driver,
so IS_ERR checking is not required?

My understanding about IS_ERR is that its used when the pointer
addresses are kind of error codes rather actual addresses,
but are a kind of return codes of functions returning integer types.

Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Thanks,
Devendra.