Re: SNB PCI root information

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Wed Jun 20 2012 - 22:43:17 EST

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Brice Goglin <brice.goglin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 20/06/2012 21:28, Yinghai Lu a écrit :
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I agree that the most common problem is that _PXM is missing. But I've
> seen at least some HP Westmere-EP platforms where _PXM exists but it is
> wrong. Last time we checked, there was no BIOS update, even if we
> reported the bug a while ago.

Do you have boot log or acpi dump?

I suspected that could be other problem. intel system before
sandbridge does not have IIO.
they will have ioh instead, and one ioh would connect to two cpu sockets.
but _PXM for root bus in dsdt only can return one value. Aka it is
acpi spec limitation.

for example, Sun x4800 8 sockets server would have bus 00, 40, 80, c0.
but _PXM will only return 0, 2, 3, 6.

Thanks

Yinghai